Followers

Tuesday 17 May 2011

grunge monday 7

hi world
There is a great simple, but effective technique on Studio L3    Linda Ledbetters blog challenge this week.  Take a look Here at Tim's demo of colour blocking.
Check out all things Tim Holtz on his web site http://www.timholtz.typepad.com/
I am decorating my craft room when daughter no3 has moved out at the end of May (so there is somewhere to put all the 'stuff ' LOL
This week I thought I would make the door hanger I brought at Artisan last year ready for my new room.
The colours didn't turn out how I wanted, probably because they were onto bare wood and not white card as in the video.
Anyway I used Mustard Seed, Spiced Marmalade, Rusty Hinge and Barn Door distress inks. The clock is stamped with Barn Door.
I painted the grunge paper cogs with docrafts artist pearl paint in Blush.
 I haven't had much success with the Adirondack dabbers, so these were much better. Then I used copper mixative with cranberry and hazlenut alcolhol inks on top. They are much redder than the picture shows them, the light is not good today.


The words 'I'm Thinking' are sooo not me as my friends will tell,  I 'm not thin and very often I'm not thinking either, I like a bit of irony LOL.



Finally  to add some extra texture the ribbon has been sprayed with Stiffen Stuff fabric stiffener. . .  (very good stuff!) and wound through the cogs (shapabilities).

It might make my family think twice before they pass through my door..... anyway it's better than do not disturb!

Just before making this weeks piece Lucy and I went to feed the fish




Very interesting experience a bit like pins and needles, but not unpleasant, now we have lovely soft feet.
PS The big fish in Lucy's tank is a picture on the bottom of the tank, the fish are no bigger than 5-6 cm

11 comments:

  1. Great tag, love the cogs.

    I have to say that's a different way to feed fish!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how the cogs shimmer such a lovely pink, I also like how you have the ribbon running through them.

    Not sure about the fish, might not be able to put my feet in! lol Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your door hanger! My background colours did not come out quite how I was thinking either but it is a fun technique.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think yopur colors came out very well . I also love your gears. Very nice door hanging!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love those gears!! Your door hanger turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am thinking the door hanger should have said, "I'm Fishing." Fabulous GM project!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great door hanger! Perfect sentiment with the gears!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The colors are wonderful. Nice job on the cogs and thanks for the stiffener tip!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great door hanger. Love the colours you have used.

    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love those cogs, Love how the ribbon is all tangled in them. What a great door hanger.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know you have popped by so please leave a comment, they are much appreciated.