Followers

Tuesday 14 June 2011

grungy monday 11


Hi world
Gosh don't the Monday's come around quickly (must be my age).
Anyway, lots of lovely Tim Holtz http://www.timholtz.com/   stuff going on over at  http://studiol3.blogspot.com/   again this week, take a look here at this weeks Tim technique, to see what it's all about. I have also entered this tag on Simon Says Stamp and Show Simon Says this is a similar challenge to grungy monday

I have a set of gift tags to make for my swap group so, as time is limited at the moment I decided to make them for this weeks challenge (only got one done though as I had my new baby grandaughter visiting .... have I mentioned her before? LOL)

I think the fairy image is from Dove craft. It doesn't really show up very well though.
I used lavender under the embossing powder and then victorian velvet, dusty concord and aged mahogany on top.



I stamped various swirls around the edge with mahogany . .  . . . my new favouite colour!!
I stamped the quote with perfect medium and shiny black embossing powder... to make it show up a bit more than just flat stamping.
The tag is finished with a few Papermania gems and a selection of  inked up paper flowers.




As the tag is intented to be used for a gift I tidied up the back and stamped  to and from on to it.
 The fairy shows up much better here.

Here is why I only managed 1 tag all day.



 Cute huh!
I'm off to peep at yours
janet

8 comments:

  1. Wonderful sentiment to go with the Fairy image, love the colors! Cute photo too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Janet. What a cutie pie on your blog today! :) Your tag is really pretty. Love the deep purple and the fairy...and the sentiment. Lovely flower, too! Yes, I think we all wanted to be fairies when we were little. Thanks for sharing your tag with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful colors... and I'm impressed you got a single tag done with that cutie pie to spend your day with!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an adorable baby!! I wouldn't be able to get anything done if I had such a cutie pie to play with.

    Your tag is wonderful - the colors you chose are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous color of purple. Love the tag.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your colors! Agreed, the mahogany looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am amazed that you were able to craft at all with such an adorable little one around. I love the colors and the fairy looks fab.

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW, this is gorgeous, Janet! Beautiful colors and such a sweet, happy design. You used the GM11 technique to artfully, and even the back is beautiful.

    But, your sweet granddaughter is the most beautiful thing on the page-- what a little angel!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know you have popped by so please leave a comment, they are much appreciated.