Followers

Thursday 2 June 2011

grungy monday 9


hi world
welcome to more monday madness ... yes I know its thursday and I'm a bit late but I have been busy this week. Pop over to studio L3to see grungy monday stuff    there is lots of creative loveliness, based on all things by Tim Holtz. This weeks technique is HERE



I think I have lost a bit of my mojo as I was lacking in inspiration for this challenge.
I made two cards this week, but I'm not really happy with the colours (only have 3 colours of this paint.) This one is for my sister in law and I have used a Gorjuss stamp, which is cute, but the colours blend too much with the back ground papers. From Crafty Individuals.


I have coloured her in slightly with promarkers and added crackle glaze to the cat which makes it look like a tabby.
My other card is also an angled easel card for my (no 2) daughter's  boyfriend.
Matt is a bit of a walker ( he walked from Winchester to Spain for fun). I used the technique on the tag. Again the colours are a bit muddy.


 Anyway, the quote says the journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
 He should know!




I also made this card for my niece's 14 year old son...  I hate making card for this age group but I am quite pleased with this as it's simple. the numbers were printed with the computer and then embossed.
The film stripe is a die cut from Lord Tim checkout his web site   http://www.timholtz.com/
I'm off to have a peek at everyone else's stuff.

3 comments:

  1. Great cards. Sometimes we are own worst critics. I think they all turned out really well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've been busy on your week off! Just what holidays are for - crafting! They all look great, sure they will love them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Janet, your cards are beautiful and so are the back stories. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know you have popped by so please leave a comment, they are much appreciated.