Saturday, 10 September 2011
As I have been off work for a couple of weeks (and not going away).
I thought I would have a change from papercrafting and make myself a new knitting bag ... I have loads of fabric just crying out to be made into something usedful!!
This is the bag I made (sorry I couldn't find my card reader and the camera wouldn't let me rotate it so you will have to turn your computer on it's side to see it properly.
Why is it somethings just dont go right, the fabric was too thick, the vylene was too heavy, the handles I wanted to use wouldn't fit etc. etc.etc! It took me all day!!
Still I am quite pleased with the result.
A few weeks ago I saw some fab wrist cuffs made by Kaz at the thelittleshabbyshed.
Finally I found time to make one of my own (and the fact I now own some grunge board)
I embossed the board through the bigshot and painted it with acylic paint, then I inked up the numbers with distress inks. Next I stamped and embossed the clock images.
I added the clock ephemera, because the clock pieces stuck up quite a bit I covered them with glossy accents, this will also prevent them from getting 'caught' on clothes etc. The 'time' on the clock face is just ' after eight' Mmm chocolates!!!
Finally I sewed on a large popper, but I should have made it two, one on each side. the next one will be fixed better, I might make some more tomorrow. As this is very steam punky I am entering it at simon says stamp and show some steampunk challenge