Followers

Friday 27 June 2014

Friday smile

Hi peeps 
I took this photo of these beauties yesterday and although not a purple person I love these huge aliums they always make me smile. 
They must have been about 10" (25cm) in diameter  and 4 ft tall.  But as I couldn't  manage to carry them home on the train I stole a photo instead. 


I'm having a chill in' weekend and I hope you have a good one too but first hop over to see Annie at http://wipso-astitchintime.blogspot.co.uk/2014/06/this-weeks-smilesweek-75.html?m=1
if you are feeling blue it might just cheer you up and go anyway if you're not guaranteed to raise a  smile. 

8 comments:

  1. There seems a lot of beautiful alliums around at the mo...guess it's a good year for them...might invest in some for our new garden (if we ever get there). :-)
    Hugs,
    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are so beautiful, pity you couldn't travel with them. Stay Happy.

    Hugs Eliza

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful blooms. It always amazes me how big they get, mind you I am comparing to the little pom pom flowers on our chives!
    Happy Friday
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love alliums...my mum grows them and has been running a course at Wisley all about them this past week. Thanks for the smiles. Caro x (#5)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes I love them too - fab colour. x Jo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! The aliums round here dint get near as big.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I AM a purple person so I adore these.
    Thanks so much for your lovely card...... and ATC. Lovely treat and I'm pleased you could use those beads.
    Hope you have a great weekend.
    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Janet, purple is one of my favourite colours and I think here in Australia we call those flowers Agapanthus, tall and strong and look wonderful massed together. Enjoy your weekend Robyn

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know you have popped by so please leave a comment, they are much appreciated.